<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13130490\x26blogName\x3dLife+after+Graduation\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://derekseawel.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://derekseawel.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1731263935323310594', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hollywood, CA


Hollywood, CA 284
Originally uploaded by dtseawel.

Well, I just made it back from Hollywood. It was a long two weeks, but I definitely learned a lot at training and had fun in the evenings.

I did a lot of fun stuff like going to Universal Studios, walking around on the beach, and going to the Jimmy Kimmel Live show... but I have to say that I am pretty proud of this super cheesy picture.

One night four guys and myself decided to check out the Hollywood sign and since we had a good view of it from our hotel, we were like: "Lets just walk"... 4 miles later we finally got there (8 miles round trip). It was fun though and I am glad we did it. Because of that though this is one of my most treasured pictures of the trip, ha.

Let me know how you guys are doing if anyone looks at this thing. :) I am officially starting my job this Monday so I will fill you in later.

11 Comments:

At 6/26/2005 3:59 PM, Blogger ellymae said...

Well Well Well I always thought that you had a little actor in you!!! Beautiful picture!!! I am so glad that everything is going wonderful for you! You are a special young man and GOD is leading you into a wonderful career. I hope that you continue to enjoy every point of the new phase in your life. We miss your smiling face at the HUB but we know that you are having fun. Keep us posted and please more PICTURES!!! bye Paula

 
At 6/27/2005 7:48 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Dirk,
Nice picture man! That's awesome! Did you have flashbacks of our old choir trip to Cali? That was a great one! I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well. Tell all the Houston people hello for us! Boo misses you!!

-Casey-

 
At 6/27/2005 12:57 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Awesome picture! OK I want to hear ALL about your trip! I'm glad you made it back safely!

 
At 6/27/2005 2:02 PM, Blogger morris said...

Derek,
Great pics - looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to see the ones from the car show, etc. I'm glad you are back in Houston - I know you will enjoy it all once you get moved into the townhouse. Catch ya later.

 
At 6/30/2005 4:04 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Glad things went good in California. Hope your job starts off good, and ya'll get moved into your house soon.

Jeremy

 
At 6/30/2005 7:51 PM, Blogger Casey said...

We miss you! Glad everything is going well! - Mary Beth

 
At 7/01/2005 4:57 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7/01/2005 5:07 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

Word up!
Man, the pictures look sweet! We will need to set up a ftp server so we can send pictures to each other. It stinks that I can't go down to help you move in next week. Hopefully I will be able to see you later this summer. I will call you later today. Oh, my new blog is: www.dustininatlanta.blogspot.com. Check it out when you can. I will try to keep it going longer than the last blog I started. :-) c-ya bud.

-Dustin

 
At 7/05/2005 10:44 AM, Blogger Androo Cox said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7/05/2005 10:46 AM, Blogger Androo Cox said...

Hey Man!
What a cheesy picture! HA! Still one to be very proud of though... Glad you got have some fun during training. We miss you around here, hope you enjoy your new co-workers as much as you enjoyed me here at the HUB :D Check out my blog sometime, if I ever post anything on it it is www.drewcox.blogspot.com

See ya - Andrew

 
At 7/05/2005 12:30 PM, Blogger morris said...

Derek,
Sounds like you are finding some good people to hang out with in Houston. I'm so glad that Erin, Tara and Eric are there too! Hope your weekend was great. After burgers last night at GM and GP's we went out on their front porch and watched the HU firework display. It was a perfect view and we didn't even have to leave the house! We'll see you later this week in H-town!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home